- Contusions of lower lip secondary to biting. Lateral incisor markings (A & B ) are most prominent.
- Subcutaneous bleeding of lip from left lateral incisor laceration. (C)
- The injuries to the lower lip were the result of biting which caused lacerations and contusions from the upper central and lateral incisors.
- A shotgun barrel in the mouth would prevent the maxillary incisors from contacting the lower lip.
- Furthermore, the shot destroyed the brainstem, the victim was incapable of biting.